2008/11/30

THE FIREMAN - ELECTRIC ARGUMENTS

Gaze into the colorful canvas of Paul McCartney's side-project's latest album. Be careful, you may not want to look away.

When I first knew about The Fireman, I had no idea that it was actually a side-project by Paul McCartney and producer Youth. And when I knew about the type of music The Fireman made, I was baffled. Paul McCartney making electronic music? I later found out that he already has recorded two albums under The Fireman name: Strawberries Oceans Ships Forest (1993) and Rushes (1998). Then I found out that a third album of the same type of music was going to be released: Electric Arguments. Having never listened to the first two albums before, I thought that listening to Electric Arguments would require previous ear-training from the other albums to get used to the fact that this was going to be Paul McCartney playing a type of music I was not used to listening to him play. But after giving Electric Arguments a spin, any previous misconceptions about what Paul McCartney’s music should sound like came tumbling down.

Electric Arguments is a feast for the ears. It’s a brilliant ...

(2008 Nov 11 /Aaron Mayagoitia)
http://www.411mania.com/music/album_reviews/91274