2009/09/17

TALK: THE BEACH BOYS (WIKIPEDIA)

QUOTES:

[edit] Dubious References
I'd like to call to attention the over-reliance on "Wouldn't It Be Nice: My Own Story" as a primary reference in this article. The book is dubious at best, has been called "garbage" by Wilson himself on numerous occasions, is very landy-biased, was almost completely ghost written, and borrows heavily from "Heroes and Villians: The True Story of the Beach Boys" (which is a FAR better source for this kind of information). Someone really ought to re-do this page so that it cites Wouldn't It Be Nice far less. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 98.221.127.114 (talk) 01:10, 11 June 2008 (UTC)

[edit] Mid Career Brings Changes
The sentence from this section of the article which I have copied below, is confusing. Perhaps it could be rewritten or broken into two sentences to reduce the confusion. I don't want to rewrite it, because I am still not sure exactly what it is saying.
"Continuing with Fataar and Chaplin, and percussionist Kevin Michaels who played on "Sail on Sailor" and "The Trader" 'Holland' (recorded in 1972 and released in 1973) was more successful, perhaps one of the most important albums which show that the band can produce very contemporary songs with wide appeal." Rhogskin 14:39, 24 July 2007 (UTC)
I removed the part about Kevin Michaels (who?), but it could probably use some more cleaning up. MookieZ 06:52, 26 July 2007 (UTC)

[edit] Wikification
Hi there.
I've done a bit of work on editing The Beach Boys' albums, and I've Wikified all of the album titles.
I know one of the guidelines is that you should only include the word "album" in the Wiki quicklink if it is necessary. My personal discretion has told me that because some of the albums which are included in the discography (inclusive of Surfin' Safari, Surfin' USA, Little Deuce Coupe.. etc) are also song titles by the same band, I have included the word Album within the Wiki quicklink.
I hope this is helpful. I will do some Album write-ups as soon as I have fully studied the "How to".
What about Stack-o-Tracks? It's a valid album, although whether it constitutes a compilation or not I don't know -- WhichOne'sPink? 19:01, 16 June 2006 (UTC)

Current revision as of 05:43, 16 September 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:The_Beach_Boys&diff=314284473&oldid=prev