2009/06/30

BRIAN WILSON 1999 INTERVIEW

QUOTE:

CAROLE: I know that you were influenced by the Beatles and that they were definitely very influenced by you. Can you imagine how your career would have gone if there had been no Beatles?
BRIAN: No, I can't. Not at all. They put us on the map almost. They gave us an inspiration to make music.
CAROLE: Two of your early influences were Chuck Berry and Little Richard. Do you still listen to them?
BRIAN: I don't still listen to them, but I still think about them. I think the R&B people, were the real pioneers of rock 'n' roll. People don't recognize that much, but it's really the truth. Most of your really good music in the '50s was Black music, and it's amazing what they did. They were innovators.

1999 CAROLE NICKSIN
http://www.indexmagazine.com/interviews/brian_wilson.shtml