2009/06/02

PHIL SPECTOR'S PHILOSOPHICAL TWEETS

SELECTED QUOTES
June 1st from web:


Still trying to think up a name for my memoirs book. I've pre titled it 'From Uptown To Downtown' http://bit.ly/gmVeM

I am constantly being asked by media outlets for an exclusive interview. When the time is right I will choose ONE person to speak to.

The secret of my success was perhaps spontaneity.

@gymrachel Musically, Ike was by far the greater of the Turners.

Spiders represent the devil.


May 31st from web:
The real 3 steps to heaven... 1: You make a mistake 2: You learn from it 3: You die.

John Lennon was a beautiful man who wrote music about an ugly world. Andrew Lloyd Webber is an ugly man who writes about a beautiful world.

Being popular is not the same as being loved.

With regards to the many questions about my opinion of McCartney, the answer to that is evident in that he was a songwriting genius.


May 30th from web:
RT @yokoono Understand, Love, Forgive and Embrace.

Timing is the key to everything.

Happiness is when you feel pretty fucking good and you've no bad shit on your mind.

Only 18 years and 364 days to go.


May 29th from web:

Pain is just there, it's constant. It's hurt, hurting is a natural phenomenon with art.

I'm concerned with the fact that I have not been made a doctor at any college and Bill Cosby has, even Dylan has.

Most producers don't create, they interpret. When I went into the studio I created a sound that I wanted to hear.

I don't let myself get depressed. Depression is a wasted emotion to me like pity, it's a wasted emotion.

I'd like to know what God sees when he takes LSD

One positive thing about old age is that you can remember everything that happened, even if it didn't happen

Have befriended a cockroach. I'm naming him Wilson.

It's comforting to know that mental health doesn't always mean being happy. If it did, nobody would qualify.

If you talk to God, you're praying. If God talks back, it's schizophrenia.


May 28th from web:

If the average man is made in God's image, then Mozart was plainly superior to God.

Love is an obsessive delusion that is cured by marriage.

The dread of loneliness is greater than the fear of bondage, so we get married.

I am constantly trapped in my own freedom, environment, and heredity.

Henry VIII perhaps came as close to the ideal of perfect wickedness as the infirmities of human nature will allow.

I continue to try to live up to the standard of one of my heroes, Henry VIII.

It takes your enemy and your friend to hurt you -- one to slander you and the other to tell you about it.

In my next life, I want to come back as a proctologist so I can deal with all the assholes I meet.

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and small minds discuss people.

The youth of today are so disappointing. They talk about nothing except themselves

2009 june 2
http://twitter.com/philspector (no more available)