2011/09/20

Rock legend Bruce Johnston recalls his buddy Terry Melcher & working on songs from Doris Day’s latest album “My Heart”

September 9, 2011 -> dorisdaytribute.com
We feel immensely privileged to be able to bring to you now an interview with Rock legend Bruce Johnston who is a member of The Beach Boys, an accomplished producer and solo artist, as well as a GRAMMY award-winning songwriter – best known for having penned “Disney Girls” and Barry Manilow’s #1 hit “I Write the Songs”. Johnston alongside his buddy Terry Melcher (Doris’ son) also produced the 1980s recordings which now feature on Doris Day’s new album “My Heart“.

Hurry, It’s Lovely Up Here (Written by Alan Jay Lerner & Burton Lane) +
Daydream (Written by John Sebastian) +
Way I Dreamed It (Written by Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
Heaven Tonight (Written by Bruce Johnston) +
My One & Only Love (Written by Robert Mellin & Guy Wood)
My Heart (Written by Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
You Are So Beautiful (Written by Billy Preston & Bruce Fisher) +
Life Is Just A Bowl of Cherries (Written by Ray Henderson & Les Brown)
Disney Girls (Written by Bruce Johnston) +
My Buddy (Written by Walter Donaldson & Gus Kahn)
Happy Endings (Bruce Johnston & Terry Melcher) +
[Sung by Terry with introduction by Doris Day]
Ohio (Betty Comden, Adolph Green & Leonard Bernstein)
[+ previously unreleased song]